AKG C451 B MATCHED PAIR Stereo Set
This matched pair of C451 B ST Small-Diaphragm Condenser Microphones from AKG is well suited to record drums, percussions, acoustic guitars and strings in the studio and in live situations. It is engineered to approximate the sound of its predecessor, the C451 EB + CK1, but with its redesigned hand-crafted fixed capsule (which eliminates the mechanical problems associated with the original modular design), and its low-noise preamp electronics, this microphone delivers accurate transients for a bright and detailed sound.
With a sound-pressure level capability of 155 dB, a dynamic range of 117 dB, a switchable pad and a bass-cut filter, and a transformerless output stage, the C451 B allows for close-miking of high-energy sound sources with low distortion and flat frequency response. The rugged all-metal body ensures efficient rejection of RF interference and makes this microphone well suited to withstand the rigors of studio and stage handling.
Every factory-matched pair of C451 B is created from microphones selected by AKG’s computer-aided matching method and provides the highest possible correlation over the microphones’ entire frequency range, as well as virtually identical sensitivity for natural three-dimensional stereo recordings. The set comes with a metal carrying case, two stand adapters, two windscreens, and a stereo bar.
- Hand-crafted fixed capsule
- Low-noise preamp electronics
- Sound pressure level capability of 155 dB SPL with 117 dB dynamic range
- Transformerless output stage for low distortion and flat frequency response
- Switchable pre-attenuation pad (10 dB & 20 dB)
- Switchable bass-cut filter to reduce wind noise and proximity effect (75 Hz & 150 Hz)
- All-metal body provides efficient protection from RF interference
- Rugged construction
- Windscreens, stand adapters, stereo bar and carrying case included